Senior Networking Engineer
Since 2001, CentraComm has been securing, managing and hosting high-performance IT networks for a wide array of businesses and organizations throughout North America. Beginning as an Internet Service Provider (ISP), we've grown with our customers, becoming a full-scale Managed Service Provider (MSP) along the way, complete with a Network Operations Center (NOC) and Security Operations Center (SOC) and two carrier-class datacenters including a nuclear hardened, former defense department facility.
As a network engineer, this position will provide on-site and off-site implementation and consulting services for a variety of information security and networking products and services as well as proactive technical support and pre-sales assistance to the sales and marketing team. Offering support for intensive managed security, networking, and hosting solutions through both direct and indirect contact with the customer is required. Handle customer inquires in a prompt efficient manner. The ability to perform the discovery necessary to learn the details of a customer environment and provide a strategic direction based on those findings is crucial to the continued growth of the company and its strong presence within the industry. An energetic yet professional image is expected as well as the ability to provide alternative suggestions when faced with adversity no matter the risk. Position reports to CIO.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- First point of contact for all service related issues and provide timely resolution to these issues (phone, email and in person)
- Set up and maintain managed security customers
- Set up and maintain connectivity customers throughout CentraComm's national networking
- Provide higher level consulting support to mission-critical networks
- Become the most valuable resource for the client / customer by developing rapport and relationships with clients at all levels, creating a personal network within the client base
- Provide leadership by aiding in product research, testing, and evaluation
- Monitor customer communication, follow up on open issues, communicate status of open tickets, and act as an escalation point of contact in a timely manner
- Act as a technical mentor for other consultants and engineers
- Monitor events and alerts, to identify erroneous errors and problems that need to be addressed in a timely manner
- Documentation of all changes to systems and maintain current information for billing purposes
- Able to fulfill 24x7 support and escalation duties via a rotating on-call schedule shared among the SOC engineers
- Provide technical expertise and support to sales and marketing team
- Other duties as assigned
- Partner with sales and marketing team to assist with the best solutions, network diagramming and quote/proposals to the client
- Maintain current leading edge knowledge through continued product research and training
- Strive to be the best at what you do. Maintain a strong focus on customer service which is an integral part of our brand and culture
The individual will have at least 5 years experience, including responsibility for implementation, management, and troubleshooting of IP networking and information security infrastructure. This experience should include a working knowledge of all the components of complex security, network, and hosting environments. Technical understanding of items such as routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, intrusion prevention and prevention, load balancers, web and database servers, etc. is also needed.
- Experience with IP Network architecture.
- Advanced knowledge and implementation of dynamic routing protocols using (BGP, OSPF)
- Expert knowledge of IP-enabled WAN network concepts and topologies such as T-X, frame relay, OC-X, MPLS, and ATM
- Must be versed in Juniper/Netscreen, Cisco, Riverbed, Palo Alto, Extreme Networks, Microsoft, and Linux based environments
- Knowledge of SIEM (EIQ/QRadar), cloud security, firewalls and IDP a plus
- Familiarity with server hardware and relevant infrastructure a plus
- Ability and desire to learn new skills quickly and adapt to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Willing to "jump in" at a moment’s notice and provide help as well as accept a 24x7 work environment with no defined end
- Able to accept and give constructive criticism
- Ability to travel and a valid US drivers license
- Knowledge of cryptology and security compliance process and procedures a plus
Vendor Specific Certifications preferred:
- Juniper Networks, All Product lines - JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE
- Cisco, Networking and Security Product lines - CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
- Microsoft - MCP, MSCE
- CISSP, CEH, Other security certifications a plus
Person needs to reside within a reasonable distance to respond to on call duties at Findlay and / or Bluffton, Ohio SOC.
Senior Networking Engineer